Introducing GoodSport On Campus
Spring 2019 Video & Blog Contest
At GoodSport, we believe one of the strongest connection points in society is a shared passion for sports. We are a content company that tells inspirational sports stories and elevates those who use sports as a platform for good.
GoodSport on Campus Video & Blog Contest:
We are excited to announce an opportunity for college students nationwide with a passion for sports and content creation. GoodSport is looking for contributors to help tell the under-told sports stories from their respective campuses or local communities. We are launching a contest for students to submit short-form video projects and/or articles to help bring these stories to life. Throughout the Spring 2019 semester, graduate and undergraduate students can submit original video or written pieces about their local sports inspirations. At the end of the semester, GoodSport will select a winner to receive a $250 prize (article), $500 prize (video) and potential ongoing work as a content contributor for GoodSport.
Students can submit work from February 25th, 2019 - May 31, 2019. Individuals can submit as many pieces as they would like within the contest period.
Bonus Theme Prize
Within the semester-long video contest, students have a chance to win an additional $250 by submitting pieces following the themes below. Submissions made for bonus themes will count towards to overall contest as well.Women and girls in sports who break the mold
- Inspired by Women’s History Month
- Videos must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST March 31st, 2019 Athletes in their community
- Inspired by National Volunteer Month
- Videos must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST May 31st, 2019
- All submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Videos submitted must be no longer than 1 minute
- Videos must be submitted in mp4, mov, avi, wmv, flv format
- Written pieces submitted must be between 250-500 words
- Written pieces must be submitted in Microsoft Word or Google Documents format
- All sources presented must be cited at the end of the video/article, giving credit to the original source. Plagiarism of any kind will result in disqualification.
- Entries may be submitted beginning February 25th, 2019.
- The deadline for submissions is 11:59 PM EST on May 31st, 2019.
- Winner will be notified no later than June 30th, 2019
- No copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) may be used for this contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
- Content must comply with all local and national laws of the country of origin and the United States. Content must not 1) promote illegal behavior; 2) support racial, religious, sexual or other invidious prejudice; 3) advocate sexual or violent exploitation; 4) violate rights established by law or agreement; or 5) invade the privacy of any person.
- Students should keep at least one copy of their video.
- Entrants grant GoodSport the right to use their names, photographs, statements, quotes, testimonials, and video submissions for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes without notification or further compensation.
- GoodSport maintains the right to reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, display, or exhibit the project for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes on their website, at conferences, or at any other venues.
- Entrants agree to be bound by the official contest rules and cannot contest the results.
In consideration for being allowed to participate in GoodSport On Campus, participants release from liability and waive any right to sue GoodSport, their employees, officers, volunteers and agents from any and all claims, including claims of negligence, resulting in any physical injury, illness(including death) or economic loss one may suffer which may result from my participation in this contest.